8 best opensource projects you should try out in 2022
There are lots of open-source projects which are just 🤯. From productivity tools to B2B applications open source projects are there for you. Let's see some projects worth using and some projects which completely replace paid software 👀.
Let's get started
Chatwoot is an open-source alternative to Intercom, Zendesk, HubSpot, Salesforce Service Cloud. Not just live chat, it has support for multiple channels like Email, Facebook page, Twitter handle, WhatsApp, etc.
- Shared inbox - Collaborate with your team easily with a shared inbox means you can assign different tasks from the same inbox to different agents.
- Live chat - Add a live chat widget to your website and improve your customer experience.
- Channels - Support for multiple channels like Email, WhatsApp, Twitter, Twilio, Facebook, Instagram, and Line. Also, you access all the channels from one place, no need to jump between channels.
- Automations - Automate repetitive tasks.
- Chatbots - Build chatbots with Dialogflow or Rasa and connect to your inbox.
- Mobile apps(IOS & Android) - Engage with customers instantly from anywhere with Chatwoots' IOS and Android apps.
- Integrations - Integration options available for Slack, WordPress, Dialogflow and Rasa.
Learn how to integrate a Live chat widget into your website:
Amplication is a low-code/no-code tool. Generate your NodeJs application along with a beautiful React admin panel within minutes. Your NodeJs app is just a few clicks away.
- React Admin-UI generated with react-admin.
- NodeJs app with Postgres database.
- GraphQL and RESTAPI.
- Sync with GitHub or download the code as a zip file.
- Sandbox environment to develop and test your app without setting it up locally.
- Docker support to deploy to the cloud.
Read how to quickly setup Amplication project:
Docz is a documentation tool based on MDX. It is a simple and easy alternative to Docusaurus. Don't waste time building a documentation website. Use docz to quickly document your project.
- Powered by Gatsby - Fast development experience and speed build times.
- Zero configuration
- Customize however you want.
- Based on MDX
- Typescript support
Partytown is a lazy-loaded library to help relocate resource-intensive scripts into a web worker, and off of the main thread. Its goal is to help speed up sites by dedicating the main thread to your code and offloading third-party scripts to a web worker.
If you have so many third-party scripts like Google tag manager, Live chat widget, A/B testing, and trackers they make the website load slowly, hence effects performance. With Partytown you can load your code from the main thread and third-party scripts in a web worker.
- Integration support for Astro, Gatsby, HTML, NextJS, Nuxt, React, Remix, Hydrogen(Shopify)
- Support for various third-party scripts
Does your product need a superfast, easy-to-integrate search engine? Typesense is for you. Typesense is an open-source search engine, an alternative to Agolia and Elasticsearch.
- Typo tolerance
- Easy to set up, operate and scale.
- Dynamically sort results based on a particular field at query time.
- Faceting and Filtering
- Group similar results together.
- Search across multiple collections in a single HTTP request.
- and more...
Backdrop is a free and open-source Content Management System built on top of Drupal. Build highly customizable websites for free. With a backdrop, you can build anything from a personal blog site to an e-commerce website.
- Different themes
- Layout templates
HoppScotch is an open-source alternative to Postman.
- GraphQL and REST API
- All the features postman offers
NokoDB is an open-source alternative to Airtable. Convert any database into a smart spreadsheet. Cool #nocode tool 😎.
⚠️ Don't forget to leave a ⭐ on Github to these amazing projects.
There are thousands of amazing open-source projects available. I shared some of them that I found interesting. Share your favorite open-source projects in the comments.
LEAVE A COMMENT OR START A DISCUSSION
6 min read
All types of POST Requests with API Tester mobile app
Post requests are the most common types of requests that we perform on the internet and it is very useful in our day-to-day work life. These methods are those which are used to transfer data from a web browser to the server. In this article, I will teach you how to test post requests using API Tester mobile app.
9 min read
How to write tests in full-stack MERN web application
Only by writing tests can you understand the significance of testing. No coding Bootcamp or course, as far as I know, teaches you how to write tests. Writing tests may not be necessary for demo projects or coursework projects, but it is critical for real-world applications. So, in this Part 3 of the “Let’s build and deploy a full stack MERN web application” series, I’ll demonstrate how to write tests for ReactJs components and ExpressJs RESTAPI.